Monday 6 December 2010

warm my cockles...

christmas is a-coming and it is officially a time for hibernation, fur hats, and hot port sangarees! feeling thrifty i'm in the middle of crafting my own festive cards at the moment-here is a little peep into my golden december inspiration...


William Holman Hunt
Isabella & The Pot of Basil
.in the depths of her loss she clung to the pot in which she laid his head.

.a compass is needed for matters of navigation.

& i put my heart in a bottle
& i swam out to see
& i sunk to the bottom of the ocean

& i want to be a star
& i want to be as big as the moon
& i want to be as bright as the sun

(also in my christmas thriftyness i'm giving sky lanterns as presents and making luggage tag style personal message holders for them-a romantic gift indeed)


rubies and jewels a-rustling



LOVE
mertle x

No comments:

Post a Comment